Friday, September 29, 2017

Dear Diabetes: It’s not me, it’s you.

Dear Diabetes,

I felt that it was time you and I had a little talk. You see, I’m a bit weary of you. Why, you ask? Let me count the ways.

 Many, many people feel it’s their right to accuse me of inviting you into my life.  They can do it in a joking manner or are downright rude!

I think about you way too much. You don’t deserve that.

You cause me to feel guilty about things that I shouldn’t feel guilty for; things like eating or reading a book instead of going for a walk.

You make me feel bad.

You cost me a lot of money.

You make me anxious.

You cause me to worry about my future.

I could go on and on but I don’t see the point. I wish this was a Dear John letter; a way to get you out of my life, but alas, I’m stuck with you. I just needed to say to you that I’m going to make every effort to remove some of the control you’ve had over me. You see, I forgot for a while that it’s you, not me. I am not the problem, you are. I wish you’d bugger off but I can deal with you hanging around. It’s not like I have a choice. What I can choose is living my life and using whatever tools are at my disposal to keep you in the background where you belong.

It’s not me, it’s you. You are the problem in this relationship. I am the shining star.

Signed,

Every Person with Diabetes

4 comments:

  1. Amen! Unfortunately, this too shall not pass. Love you Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes! Thank you, Kate for saying it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disney caused my diabetes. I have been trying to score a trip off of them for for 43 years now.

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to receive comments from readers, however, if your comment includes a link to a website about diabetes or information on how you "cured" your diabetes, it won't be published. If your profile name links to a website about diabetes, it won't be published. If you also write a blog and would like me to include it in my blog roll, please say so in a comment and I'll do that. Thanks.