Sunday, May 17, 2015

Continuing Connections



The very first inspiration for Diabetes Blog Week was to help connect our blogging community, and that continues to be the most important reason it's held every year.  So let's help foster and continue those connections as we wrap up another Dblog Week.  Share a link to a new blog you've found or a new friend you've made.  Or pick a random blog off of the Participant's List, check it out and share it with us.  Let's take some time today to make new friends.

Here we are at the end of the fabulous Diabetes Blog Week. It went by quickly this year! I have participated before: the first time during the 2nd annual when my eyes were opened to how wonderful and vast the DOC really is. Since then, I have been hit and miss, one year not even completing the week. I haven’t been blogging much lately, for a variety of reasons, and wasn’t sure I’d be successful at completing the week…but I did! I actually looked forward to blogging and reading other blogs. 

I started the week with the intention of reading as many blogs as I could. I kinda failed at that, which makes me sad, but then I realized that I can still read the blogs whenever I like! Those link pages are there from now on. I can even go back and read past year’s submissions. Phew!

When it came to deciding which “new” blog to highlight I didn’t have an issue at all. Even though I didn’t read tons of blogs, I quickly found the blog to talk about today. The Trials of Type 2 Diabetes.

I had the privilege to meet Brian at Master Lab in Orlando last July. I met him again this past March at the first UnConference in Vegas. He has been around the DOC mostly as an administrator of the forums on Tudiabetes.com but this is the first time I’ve seen him blogging. I certainly hope he continues because he has a way with words. I hope that you will go and read this post. It is superbly written and spot-on.
 
I’ve said forever that there aren’t enough type 2 voices in the blogoshere so I am very excited to see Brian join the club.

This has been a great week. I feel more connected…again…and refreshed and more hopeful. I’ve appreciated the comments, some from people who are apparently new to my blog. I look forward to finding more blogs to read as well. All in all, DblogWeek has been stellar. Thank you Karen.

Here is a link to today's blog posts. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Brian is featured over on my blog as well. It's been refreshing reading his posts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to both of you for you kind words. I am thankful to both of you for your voice on behalf of this of us with T2 diabetes.

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to receive comments from readers, however, if your comment includes a link to a website about diabetes or information on how you "cured" your diabetes, it won't be published. If your profile name links to a website about diabetes, it won't be published. If you also write a blog and would like me to include it in my blog roll, please say so in a comment and I'll do that. Thanks.