Thursday, January 1, 2015

Mindfulness



I resolve to not make New Year’s resolutions. (See what I did there?) I have, however, been doing some thinking lately about what I’d like to see in my life during 2015. It’s no secret that 2014 was a difficult year for me. Looking back, it wasn’t awful, just not the best. The issues that I’ve been dealing with have caused me to be more introspective than normal. I have felt a sense of disconnect and restlessness lately. I want to fix that.

I’ve recently read some about mindful eating. In fact, the subject has popped in front of me enough that it makes me wonder if some cosmic goofball is messing with me. I like the idea of mindful eating. Basically, you only eat when you’re actually hungry instead of regularly like we’ve all learned to do. I’m willing to give it a try. I hope it works with my diabetes. I’m also hoping that my mindfulness will help me to keep from eating mindlessly. That definitely needs to stop.

I also have a desire to step away from social media a bit more and spend more time in my world. I believe that my feelings of disconnect stem from spending too much time in the “out there” and not enough time in my real life. It’s not going to be easy because I have made so many awesome connections online through the DOC. I will work on making things more balanced. The sucky thing is that you can’t surf the net and only find the things that are pleasant. Too many things upset me, of late, and I need to step back in order to keep from becoming depressed. I have no intention of hiding my head in the sand, I just need to be more protective.

So here’s to a more mindful year. I’m hopeful that things will improve for me and I wish nothing but the best for each and every one of you. Let’s make this year a stellar one, shall we?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like some great non-resolutions. And it also sounds like you are in much the same place I find myself at. Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything has to have balance. Otherwise, we'd tip over! I hope your 2015 is full of everything that feeds your soul, and none of the other crap.

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to receive comments from readers, however, if your comment includes a link to a website about diabetes or information on how you "cured" your diabetes, it won't be published. If your profile name links to a website about diabetes, it won't be published. If you also write a blog and would like me to include it in my blog roll, please say so in a comment and I'll do that. Thanks.