Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 7: My Favorite Things



As we wrap up another Diabetes Blog Week, let’s share a few of our favorite things from the week. This can be anything from a #DBlogWeek post you loved, a fantastic new-to-you blog you found, a picture someone included in a post that spoke to you, or comment left on your blog that made you smile. Anything you liked is worth sharing!

This has been a great week of blogging and it has reminded me, yet again, how much of a difference blogging and the DOC has made in my life.  The first time I participated in DBlog Week was Karen's second year of organizing this great event and it opened my eyes to just how large and wonderful this DOC is.  This year was no different for me.  Coming off of a dry spell with my writing and dealing with crap in my life with D, it was sooooo refreshing to read blogs, reconnect with some great folks and “meet” some people I’ve never “met” before. I still have a ton of reading to do but the links will be there to refer to later.  So, thank you Karen from the bottom of my heart for the effort you make for all of us.  I know that you get a little help from friends, but you are the Queen!  You are appreciated.

Something that made me laugh:  Scott’s poem on Tuesday:  “Under the Spleen”.  Brilliant!  I have grandsons who love Sponge Bob so I know the song.  I laughed out loud.  (And Kerri’s A1seagulls were hilarious!)

Something that made me cry: Meri’s post about asking for help.  I lost my first husband at the age of 42 and I still had 3 of my 4 kids at home.  Although my children don’t have diabetes, I know what it’s like to go through those times and my heart goes out to her.

Something that made me happy:  The realization that some of my T2D peeps got back to blogging during this week.  There aren’t enough of us around!!  RachelBob and Mike, to name just a few.  Yay!!

To make it easier for me to go back and continue reading all the great posts (and easier for you too), here is a list of the links to the links for each day. 









Awesome week.  I feel rejuvenated.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly love to receive comments from readers, however, if your comment includes a link to a website about diabetes or information on how you "cured" your diabetes, it won't be published. If your profile name links to a website about diabetes, it won't be published. If you also write a blog and would like me to include it in my blog roll, please say so in a comment and I'll do that. Thanks.