Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Day 2: Poetry Tuesday



This year, Diabetes Blog Week and TuDiabetes are teaming up to bring out the poet in you! Write a poem, rhyme, ballad, haiku, or any other form of poetry about diabetes. After you’ve posted it on your blog, share it on the No Sugar Added® Poetry page on TuDiabetes, and read what others have shared there as well!



Haiku: a major form of Japanese verse, written in 17 syllables divided into 3 lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables.

I am not a poet, not even close, however I wrote these 3 haiku poems and posted them previously when I was participating in a different blog fest.  I kinda like them so I thought I’d share them again.

Diabetes sucks.
It is sometimes hard to face.
But we are worth it.

Health is important.
Exercise can be the key.
Get off the couch, dude!

D-Peeps aren’t alone.
Someone else understands you.
Connect, share, support!


Want to read more diabetes poetry?  Maybe some that's actually good?  Check out all the blog posts here.
 

6 comments:

  1. You got it - as tough as it is and can be, that sense of not being alone and having someone who gets it does wonders. Thanks for the D-haiku!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just about covered it all. Later this afternoon when the dog wants a walk and it's cold and gray out, I'll have to remember "Get off the couch, dude!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll copy the first one and put it in my meter case!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these and so glad you shared them again today!! (Actually yesterday because I'm still catching up on all the posts, but whatever.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are definitely worth sharing again. Nicely done, Kate.

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to receive comments from readers, however, if your comment includes a link to a website about diabetes or information on how you "cured" your diabetes, it won't be published. If your profile name links to a website about diabetes, it won't be published. If you also write a blog and would like me to include it in my blog roll, please say so in a comment and I'll do that. Thanks.