Monday, December 9, 2013

Inspiration



There is no denying that lately my life with diabetes has been rough.  I’ve been trying really hard to keep my chin up and wade through the muck.  Some days I succeed beautifully; other days not so much.  Over the weekend I came across a quote that spoke to me; heck it screamed at me!  Although this quote has absolutely nothing to do with diabetes, it has everything to do with maintaining a good attitude and never giving up the fight.  The quote is from Helen Keller.  If you want to think about dealing with adversity with style and grace, Helen is your woman.

“Be of good cheer.  Do not think of today’s failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow.  You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere, and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles.  Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost.  What I am looking for is not out there, it is in me.”

My beautiful goal is to live a healthy life, despite my diabetes.  I need to remember that there is nothing “out there” that will help me attain this goal better than what’s inside of me.  I have the tools and I need to continue to use them.  Thanks Helen, your words were needed and have made a big difference to me.

4 comments:

  1. I love your perseverance, and that quote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quote! And I hear you about feeling stuck in the muck. I've been there lately too. But this too shall pass. And you're never in the muck alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim and Jess. You've both managed to bring tears to my eyes, but in the best of ways.

      Delete
  3. Perfect quote - thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you're not a Google user (or one of the others listed) please feel free to leave an anonymous comment. I've decided to start moderating comments instead of using Capcha codes. I hope it's less of a hassle for you.