Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thoughts on Thanksgiving



Another holiday has come and gone.  Another day filled with family, laughter, nostalgia and…food.  I could write about what I did that was good, or bad.  I could feel remorse for something eaten that wasn’t in “my plan”.  I could beat my chest and crow about “good numbers”.  I could weep out of frustration because food has become so complicated.  But I won’t.

I won’t say that diabetes didn’t sit next to me at the table, but it was quiet for a change.  It’s not that I ignored my condition.  It’s not that I didn’t care to take care of myself.  It was just so much more important to enjoy the time with my family that was present.  It was good to reflect on something other than food.  I think it’s important for all of us to do that now and then.  We spend too much time worrying about what we’re eating and how much we’re moving.  It’s ok to have a holiday now and then.  I had a full week spent not following my usual routine.  Now it’s time to get back to it and I feel refreshed. I’m ready to move forward.  I hope you all have the same feeling.  

Happy Thanksgiving

1 comment:

  1. I had a fun Thanksgiving with lots of good and mostly healthy food. However, it looks as though my Thanksgiving missed something. I didn't have a veggie turkey! How adorable is that. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you're not a Google user (or one of the others listed) please feel free to leave an anonymous comment. I've decided to start moderating comments instead of using Capcha codes. I hope it's less of a hassle for you.