Tuesday, June 11, 2013

It’s not neglect: A Disclosure


I’ve been busy!  It feels as if I’ve been neglecting my blog, and I guess I have.  It’s not for lack of things to say or ideas to convey, it’s more that I’ve been focusing on other writing.  I have found other ways to advocate.

I thought it was time to explain where I’ve been, since I’ve obviously not been here.  I am pleased to tell you that I’ve started a couple of part-time “jobs” that I’m quite honored to be doing.  

First, I am a freelance writer for the website The DX, a non-branded diabetes website that is supported by Sanofi.  My work there is spotty but I’m jazzed to be writing “professionally”.

Second, I am curating articles for Diabetic Connect.  I seek out articles online that are either about diabetes (detecting neuropathy through sweat) or ones that could affect PWD (most Americans don’t get enough exercise).  I write a little blurb about the article and sometimes add a spin from the perspective of someone with diabetes.  This has really caused me to be more up-to-speed on what’s going on in the world in regards to diabetes research etc.


I’ve always enjoyed writing and getting the opportunity to do it, and get paid something, is amazing!  Woo hoo!  As much as I’m enjoying these new avenues I do miss writing for my blog and I hope to get back to writing here more often.  I don’t want to lose my readers.  Do I have readers?  Hello….is anyone there?

I want to make it clear that, even though someone is paying me now and then to write about diabetes, those companies have NO control over what I say here.  This is my blog and these are my thoughts.  Period!

I hope you’re all doing well with your diabetes control and that life is sweet (without high blood sugars).

8 comments:

  1. Yay, congratulations to you on these wonderful new endeavors!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate... very excited for you. We're still here and hanging on every word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your nee job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your endeavors. But please don't quit this "job" right here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a diabetic, I appreciate the advice you are giving within the blogs. Many individuals still have little information about the condition and therefore they need more awareness. Some may not know about proper diabetic medical supplies, testing kits, or even dietary guidelines for diabetics. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Delores! I hope you are also reading some of the other great T2 blogs that are out there. Some of them are listed on the left. There's a new collaborative blog that I participate called The Type 2 Experience. Check it out here: http://thetype2experience.com/

      Delete

I truly love to receive comments from readers, however, if your comment includes a link to a website about diabetes or information on how you "cured" your diabetes, it won't be published. If your profile name links to a website about diabetes, it won't be published. If you also write a blog and would like me to include it in my blog roll, please say so in a comment and I'll do that. Thanks.