Sunday, January 27, 2013

Just for fun


Cherise over at DSMA posted a list of answers to 48 questions. 

Others have followed suit and I thought I’d just jump on the bandwagon…Just for fun!  Here are 48 things about me.  (sorry for the wonky formatting but I'm tired of trying to fix it.)



1.   WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yes, apparently I was named after my dad’s ex-girlfriend.   He swore that it was just because he liked the name.  :/  It is the coolest spelling of Kathryn, IMHO.
2.   WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? 
Day before yesterday.  It was cathartic.
3.   DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
No way.  In fact, my handwriting is so bad that I began printing everything as soon as my teachers would allow it.  Now, if I try to write something long-hand, other than my signature, it looks like it was written by a 3rd grader.  A forger I will never be.
4.   WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Ham.
5.   DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Yes, 4 amazingly awesome adults.
6.   IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Heck yeah, I’m pretty cool but it might take someone awhile to find that out since I can be quiet.
7.   DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
I am fluent in sarcasm.  I’d like to think that it’s the witty type of sarcasm and not the hurtful type.
8.   DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Nope.  They yanked those suckers out when I was 9.
9.   WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Not even if you paid me a million dollars.
10.       WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I don’t eat cereal anymore and I miss it terribly.  Back in the day, it was raisin bran.
11.       DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Winter – yes.  Summer – no. 
12.       DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Inside I don’t feel strong a lot of the time, but when I look back at all I’ve been through I realize that I’m pretty dang strong.
13.       WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
I never met an ice cream that I didn’t like, but if I was forced to choose one it would be Rocky Road or Cookie Dough.  Don’t judge.
14.       WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
How firm their handshake is or if they look me in the eye.
15.       RED OR PINK?
Red.
16.       WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I worry too much.
17.       WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My mom from before she got so old.  I miss the mom who wasn’t infirm and sad and lonely.
18.       WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Follow-through.
19.       WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Black and white slippers.
20.       WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Chili for breakfast.
21.       WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The rain falling and my keyboard strokes.
22.       IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Blue.
23.       FAVORITE SMELLS?
Onions frying and the pine forest in the hot summer sun…but not at the same time.
24.       HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
Politics make me bat-shit crazy!  I do, however, have my opinions.  I just try very hard not to cram them down other people’s throats.  Why is compromise so difficult?
25.       MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Oh this one is hard.  I was raised on the beach in southern California and moved to the mountains as a teenager, where I still reside.  I love them both!  How about a cabin in the woods on a cliff, overlooking the ocean below…with a path to climb down to a private bit of beach.  Hey, if you’re gonna dream…
26.       FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
I’m not a sports fan but I have had the opportunity to watch professional baseball in person and I loved it.  Spring training games are fun!
27.       HAIR COLOR?
Yeah, I’ve colored it before but nothing permanent.  Oh, you mean what color is my hair?  Blasé blonde with streaks of gray, which pretty much makes it a non-descript mess.
28.       EYE COLOR?
Hazel
29.       DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Nope. I have 20/10 vision if you don’t count the fact that I can’t read without cheaters.
30.       FAVORITE FOOD?
Italian, I guess.  Maybe Mexican.  No wait, Chinese!  Don’t make me choose just one thing.
31.       SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Definitely happy endings.  I dislike scary movies.
32.       LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Field of Dreams in bits and pieces while walking on my treadmill.
33.       WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
White.  I’m a rebel.
34.       SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer.  Bring on the camping!!!
35.       FAVORITE DESSERT?
Cheesecake
36.       STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Cardio.
37.       COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
Can I choose a book instead?  Computer and books during the day, tv on the Internet at night.
38.       WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
I’m reading a Murder She Wrote paperback to my 94 year-old mom.  I read to her every day and this is what she likes.  This type of reading is very rewarding and the joy I get out of it has nothing to do with the text.
39.       WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
My two oldest grandsons wearing smiles and fishing hats…and shorts, of course.
40.       FAVORITE SOUND?
Rain with complete quiet a close second.
41.       FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
Classic rock.
42.       WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Costa Rica.  It was awesome.
43.       DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Finding the good in people.
44.       WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
In a hospital.  (gotta keep you guessing)
45.       WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
Beautiful northern Arizona.
46.       WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
Kinda beige, I guess. (Dang, we need to paint the house!)
47.       WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
Champagne.
48.       DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?
It was fun, although I’m not sure you know that much more about me now.

6 comments:

  1. I admire you even more for #38.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bob. I do what I can but it never feels like enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed by your lovely post which i were really looking for.you possess lots of understanding on this subject.
    what is diabetes

    ReplyDelete
  4. its fun to read stuff about other people! i thought you were a great person before but now i must say, you are just awesome! #38 made me hope i can do this for my mother when the time comes. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think more than anything it would be nice to get recognition for how hard you have to try everyday with diabetes, mine never seems to be perfect but that doesn't mean I don't try my absolute hardest all the time.

    what is diabetes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I live you on the cliff? complete quiet is a great sound - absence of sound? I know a bit more about you. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you're not a Google user (or one of the others listed) please feel free to leave an anonymous comment. I've decided to start moderating comments instead of using Capcha codes. I hope it's less of a hassle for you.