Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Lessons Learned from a Cartoon Robot


I like to watch movies while I exercise.  I’ve tried listening to music but it doesn’t work as well as movies do, for me.  I am a huge fan of children’s movies and don’t need the excuse of having grandsons to watch or buy them.  One of my favorites is Wall-E.  While watching it today, I realized that there are some great lessons to be learned from this movie.

Courtesy of http://www.softicons.com/free-icons
·       No matter how much garbage you have to put up with at your job, it’s important to find the shiny gems, the interesting things, and bring them home with you.  Leave the rest of it behind.

·       Cockroaches and Twinkies really do last forever.  : |

·       Don’t trust a corporation named Buy n Large (think super sizing).  If that corporation runs most of the world, then you’re in big trouble.

·       Holding hands is magical, no matter who you are.

·       Sometimes you just have to break the rules.

·       Kindness in the face of adversity works wonders.

·       Blindly trusting the “powers-that-be” isn’t the best course of action.

·       Having everything handed to you and done for you is ok for a short time, but if you follow that path for a lifetime you’re sunk.

·       It’s never too late to turn your ship around.

1 comment:

  1. hey kate, i'm just catching up on some of your posts. never having seen this movie, i just love the lessons!

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to receive comments from readers, however, if your comment includes a link to a website about diabetes or information on how you "cured" your diabetes, it won't be published. If your profile name links to a website about diabetes, it won't be published. If you also write a blog and would like me to include it in my blog roll, please say so in a comment and I'll do that. Thanks.