Monday, May 14, 2012

You’ve Got to Have Friends


Today is the start of the 3rd annual Diabetes Blog Week which is organized by Karen at Bitter-Sweet.  The Blog Week is explained here and here is a list of the participants.  I highly recommend that you check out all the awesome bloggers.  This is a great way to find new dblogs to read.  So here is my contribution for today.

It seems the most popular thing about Diabetes Blog Week is that it helps us find blogs we weren’t reading yet and connect with some new blog friends.  With that in mind, let’s kick off Diabetes Blog Week by making some new connections.  Think about the d-blogs you read that you think we may not know about and introduce us to one that you love!!  Let’s all find a new friend today!

Right off the bat I’m stumped about what to write on the very first prompt!  This isn’t because I can’t think of any dblogger to recommend to you, but instead, that there are so many it’s hard to choose!  I’ve “met” so many wonderful people in the DOC who write great stuff about what it’s like to live with diabetes.  There are type 1’s, 1.5’s, 2’s and parents of children with diabetes.  It doesn’t matter what type, I enjoy them all.

In the spirit of today’s prompt I’m going to highlight one special lady whose blog I’ve only been reading for a “short” time.  Her name is Kim and she writes at KD-and it’s not kraft dinner!  Kim has type 1 diabetes and lives in Canada (right?).  I like her style and the fact that we are somewhat closer in age: both grandmothers.  She is a wonderful painter!  I’ve been blessed to see some of her work on Facebook.  (I’m so jealous….no mad painter skills in my toolbox.)  She’s been so nice to leave comments on my blog, which I really appreciate.  I hope that I’ll be able to meet Kim in person someday, along with a whole laundry list of people.  I was going to list them all but you can just check out my blog roll to the left.
 
Please go and read these great blogs.  It will definitely lift your heart and strengthen your motivation to do what you need to do in your own life.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I'm Shirley I will be traveling to Hawaii on a plane for nine hours. Will they allow my solostar pins for injections and snacks if they are in a can never been open?
    Thanks, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley, will you take me with you? I've never been to Hawaii. :) I don't inject so I had to ask others for some info. You shouldn't have any trouble at all carrying your pens on the plane. Check your airlines website for any specific information, ie: they might want them in their original package with the RX label etc.

      As for snacks, you can take anything on the plane to eat, however, there is a limit for liquids. Here is a link to the TSA website that tells you about liquids: http://www.tsa.gov/311/ If you think you'll need juice you can always get that from the flight attendant. Good luck and Bon Voyage!!

      Delete

I truly love to receive comments from readers, however, if your comment includes a link to a website about diabetes or information on how you "cured" your diabetes, it won't be published. If your profile name links to a website about diabetes, it won't be published. If you also write a blog and would like me to include it in my blog roll, please say so in a comment and I'll do that. Thanks.