Saturday, May 12, 2012

Leavin' on a Jet Plane



I wish my insurance company paid for ….


Don’t even get me started on insurance companies.  Grrrr.  All of my pension check goes to pay our insurance premiums. I dislike insurance companies so much that I pay for my own test strips and we buy most of our prescriptions on a $4 formulary.  We only buy 2 of Ray’s prescriptions using our insurance because they’re freakin expensive.  I personally feel that the health insurance companies are the reason our country’s healthcare system is in such a mess, but I digress.

If I could get my insurance company to pay for anything at all, I’d love it if it would pay for me to travel for D-Meet-ups.  Wouldn’t that be heaven?  I know that I choose to live in Podunk, AZ which is far from the madding crowd, but because I live in such a remote area it’s difficult to find other PWD to connect with in person.  I talked about the abysmal failure I had at the diabetes support group meeting here.  My other issue is that I’ve “met” so many cool people online and I would really like to meet them in person.  I feel little pangs of jealousy when I read about them meeting at conferences or as a planned meet-up.  They all live so far away!  So, if I could get my insurance company to pay for me to fly there and meet great people, pay for my hotel room (I guess I’d feed myself just to be fair) that would do so much for my well-being as a person with diabetes.  There is nothing greater than connecting with someone who understands our “stuff” so why shouldn’t the insurance companies back that up?  Huh?  What gives?  That would be a sweet deal.  I know, I know….but I can dream, can’t I?

This post is my May entry in the DSMA Blog Carnival.  If you’d like to participate too, you can get all of the information at http://diabetessocmed.com/2012/may-dsma-blog-carnival-2/

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Totally along the same lines of my (upcoming) blog carnival entry. D-meetups are the most valuable D-tool out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a brilliant idea!!! In fact, if we could all spend some time together, I bet we'd eat better, take long walks as a group, and I know those of us feeling depression would be instantly uplifted. :)

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to receive comments from readers, however, if your comment includes a link to a website about diabetes or information on how you "cured" your diabetes, it won't be published. If your profile name links to a website about diabetes, it won't be published. If you also write a blog and would like me to include it in my blog roll, please say so in a comment and I'll do that. Thanks.