Thursday, April 12, 2012

“This morning I looked in the mirror...”



Stream of Consciousness Day. Start with the sentence “This morning I looked in the mirror...” just write, don’t stop, don’t edit. Post!

“Holy crap!  Who is that old lady?”  I’ve inherited my dad’s saggy, baggy dark-circled eyes.  Thanks Dad.  That bothers me.  I also inherited his brain power and that’s good.  I like that I am somewhat intelligent.  Looks have never been that important to me.  I’m more concerned with the inner person; who I am and what I think and believe.  So, thinking about that I might say, “Holy crap!  What an awesome person!”  Hahaha…I’m not really that confident.

When I look at myself I see someone who has had to deal with a lot of “shtuff” throughout her life but I also see someone who has dealt with it the best she could and still found time to revel in the good things.  Depression is such an evil thing.  I have my bouts with it from time to time.  I seem to take on my kids’ sorrows too much.  I suppose most mothers do that, right?  It’s just that one of their bad days can turn my day downward as well.  I need to work on that.  For the most part, I have a good attitude and am happy more than not.

Actually, I AM happy!  Life is good and I’m content.  The “shtuff” is just “shtuff”; sometimes I can control it but most of the time it’s just there.  Diabetes is the mother of all “shtuffs”.  Damn the D!!!!!

Spring is here and that always makes me hopeful and happy.  In my mirror I see someone who is looking forward to camping and working in our yard; being outside always feels so good.  I think it’s important to stay positive as much as I can and try not to dwell on the sad things in life.  “Shtuff” happens; deal with it and move on.  That’s all I have to say about that.

I’m participating in Wego Health’s Health Activist Writer’s Month Challenge.  I’m posting every day in April.  #HAWMC

1 comment:

  1. "Shtuff" happens; deal with it and move on.
    i love that attitude!
    more people need that attitude. they would be happier people in the long run!

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to receive comments from readers, however, if your comment includes a link to a website about diabetes or information on how you "cured" your diabetes, it won't be published. If your profile name links to a website about diabetes, it won't be published. If you also write a blog and would like me to include it in my blog roll, please say so in a comment and I'll do that. Thanks.