Thursday, April 5, 2012

Picture This


Pick an image and write a post inspired by the image.



I chose a picture that was taken by my husband, Ray.  This sunset picture was taken from our front porch.  You might think that this was an unusual sunset or something that we aren’t used to seeing, but you’d be wrong.  In fact, I had tons of sunset pictures to choose from.  We live in a glorious spot and are blessed with sunsets such as this one on a regular basis.

Living here, in the middle of a national forest, is inspiring in itself.  Being able to view panoramas such as this on a regular basis sometimes makes one forget how special and beautiful it is.  “Sunset break!” is a common thing heard in our house.  In fact, just last night I got a text message from one of my sons, “Sunset break!”  When you hear that, you drop whatever you’re doing and head outside to enjoy the view.  It’s the sun’s last blast of glory before completely disappearing for the day.

Those of us who deal with chronic illness are faced, day in and day out, with a variety of issues.  We can’t just relax and forget about it all.  Well, I guess we could but that would be ridiculous, right?  What better way to end a stressful or upsetting day than to look at something beautiful and spectacular?  What better reminder that, even though life gets sucky, there are beautiful things around us; we just need to stop and appreciate them.

I want my life to be lived in the best possible way.  I try very hard to keep diabetes in its place.  It does not rule my world, but instead it directs it from time to time.  I am in control and when my time is done I will go in a blaze of glory with lots of color and amazement.  I want people to stop and admire what I’ve done with my life because it is amazing; not because of diabetes but despite it.


I’m participating in Wego Health’s Health Activist Writer’s Month Challenge.  I’m posting every day in April.  #HAWMC


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! If you're not a Google user (or one of the others listed) please feel free to leave an anonymous comment. I've decided to start moderating comments instead of using Capcha codes. I hope it's less of a hassle for you.