Friday, April 13, 2012

Just 10 Things



10 Things I Couldn’t Live Without. Write a list of the 10 things you need (or love) most.

Here is my list, in no particular order:

·       My family (If I listed them all individually I’d be way over 10 “things”.)

·       My sense of humor

·       My forest – I’m not a city girl.  I grew up in southern CA but moved to the mountains when I was 16.  I love small towns and I adore the national forest that surrounds us here.  There is nothing more calming than time in nature.

·       Friends who understand.  I appreciate all my friends, but find that I have less time for those who aren’t connected.

·       The 4 seasons (not the singing group or hotel).  As much as I might complain about winter, I still really like it.  The changing of the seasons seems to bring out the optimist in me.

·       The DOC. It’s funny how you can “meet” people online, never see them in person, and yet feel so connected!

·       Books.  I don’t read nearly as much as I would like to, but getting lost in a good book is wonderful.  (Camping in my forest, with good friends and family and reading great books….ahhhh)

·       My glucose meter.  I’d love to be able to live without it, and I wouldn’t die if it disappeared, but being able to know what my bg is at any given time has greatly improved my life.

·       Playing cards.  If Armageddon ever happens, just be sure I have a deck of cards and I’ll be ok. 

·       Ray.  Life without my wonderful husband wouldn’t be life.  I am so lucky to have found this man.  Thank you, Ray, for being such a necessary part of my life.  I love you.

I’m participating in Wego Health’s Health Activist Writer’s Month Challenge.  I’m posting every day in April.  #HAWMC

2 comments:

  1. great list kate! books, i forgot books on my list :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your list because it's another peek into what makes you YOU!! I didn't know you loved cards. :)

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to receive comments from readers, however, if your comment includes a link to a website about diabetes or information on how you "cured" your diabetes, it won't be published. If your profile name links to a website about diabetes, it won't be published. If you also write a blog and would like me to include it in my blog roll, please say so in a comment and I'll do that. Thanks.