10 Things I Couldn’t Live Without. Write a list of the 10 things you need (or love) most.
Here is my list, in no particular order:
· My family (If I listed them all individually I’d be way over 10 “things”.)
· My sense of humor
· My forest – I’m not a city girl. I grew up in southern CA but moved to the mountains when I was 16. I love small towns and I adore the national forest that surrounds us here. There is nothing more calming than time in nature.
· Friends who understand. I appreciate all my friends, but find that I have less time for those who aren’t connected.
· The 4 seasons (not the singing group or hotel). As much as I might complain about winter, I still really like it. The changing of the seasons seems to bring out the optimist in me.
· The DOC. It’s funny how you can “meet” people online, never see them in person, and yet feel so connected!
· Books. I don’t read nearly as much as I would like to, but getting lost in a good book is wonderful. (Camping in my forest, with good friends and family and reading great books….ahhhh)
· My glucose meter. I’d love to be able to live without it, and I wouldn’t die if it disappeared, but being able to know what my bg is at any given time has greatly improved my life.
· Playing cards. If Armageddon ever happens, just be sure I have a deck of cards and I’ll be ok.
· Ray. Life without my wonderful husband wouldn’t be life. I am so lucky to have found this man. Thank you, Ray, for being such a necessary part of my life. I love you.
I’m participating in Wego Health’s Health Activist Writer’s Month Challenge. I’m posting every day in April. #HAWMC