Friday, April 6, 2012

Domo Arigato


 
Write a haiku about your health focus. 5 syllables/7 syllables/5 syllables.

I have to admit that when I read today’s prompt I had a short moment of panic.  I was immediately taken back to my school days when we learned about Haiku.  I have never been comfortable with poetry or any other form of “artsy” literature.  I guess I lack imagination.  I originally thought that I’d just take a pass; use one of my get-out-of-posting-free cards but then I figured I’d give it a try.  It was fun!!  Now, I would never be silly enough to think that my attempt at Haiku is art but writing the following sure felt good!

Diabetes sucks.
It is sometimes hard to face.
But we are worth it.

Health is important.
Exercise can be the key.
Get off the couch, dude!

D-Peeps aren’t alone.
Someone else understands you.
Connect, share, support!

Now I think I’ll go and do some origami.

I’m participating in Wego Health’s Health Activist Writer’s Month Challenge.  I’m posting every day in April.  #HAWMC

4 comments:

  1. Love your "Diabetes sucks" haiku! You're right; we are worth it. Great poems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sue - that one is a particular favorite of mine, too. :) Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job kate! i love them! i did some too, and they ARE fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great!! I love the "get off the couch, dude" one - that's a reminder I often need!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you're not a Google user (or one of the others listed) please feel free to leave an anonymous comment. I've decided to start moderating comments instead of using Capcha codes. I hope it's less of a hassle for you.