Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Milestone

Our lives are filled with milestones; the first day of school, graduations, relationships, children, grandchildren to name a few.  If you think about it, it’s great to realize that there are so many things to look forward to in our lives.  There’s always some new thing just around the corner.  Of course, they might not always be good things, but I choose to be optimistic most of the time.

My latest milestone: this is my 100th blog post.

This may not seem like a big deal to some of you but it is to me.  When I started this blog 11 months ago I wasn’t sure if I could do it.  I wasn’t sure if I had enough things to say or if I’d be any good at it.  The fact that I’ve managed to actually write 100 posts feels pretty damn good!  (Well ok, the post I'm Speechless may not count since I didn’t write anything.)  For the most part I’m happy with what I’ve had to say.  Some of the posts could probably use some editing but there they are, as is.  I’ve said it before that this blog was started as a tool to help me control my diabetes.  It has worked wonders in that respect.  I even go back and read some of my posts to remind myself of my goals or just to realize that I’ve been in this funk before and I got over it!  It’s like having a friend to talk to about my D; someone who completely understands me.

I’m looking forward to my next 100 posts.  I still have things to say.  I still need help with D and I am ready for the next phase; I’m ready to up my involvement in the world of diabetes.  Watch out!  There’s more to come.

1 comment:

  1. congratulations on reaching 100!! i am looking forward to reading the next 100 posts!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you're not a Google user (or one of the others listed) please feel free to leave an anonymous comment. I've decided to start moderating comments instead of using Capcha codes. I hope it's less of a hassle for you.