Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pumpkin Pie for Dinner


This was, by far, the oddest Christmas on record, at least for me.  You see, Santa decided to bring some stomach flu to the family.  Aren’t we lucky?  My poor grandson Caleb was sick all Christmas day.  Since we didn’t want to have our celebration without everyone in attendance, and we certainly didn’t want to expose my 93 year old mother to the flu, we postponed Christmas.  Christmas day consisted of me, Ray and Mom.  We hung out and watched a movie ending with tuna melt sandwiches for dinner.  Woo hoo!!!

On OUR Christmas day we had some great food.  I did pretty well at avoiding too much of anything but, I must confess, I only did a fasting test and have no idea how “good” I really was.  For breakfast I had a slice of quiche which was heaven.  I got the recipe from Kim at Texting My Pancreas and you can find the recipe here. We ate Mexican cuisine at about 3PM and it was yummy!  I did eat some salad.  I was trying, really I was.  By evening I wasn’t all that hungry and ended up eating some pumpkin pie filling (no crust) with fat free Cool Whip and woke up to a respectable 108 on my meter this morning!  Now, I am not recommending that everyone start eating pumpkin pie for dinner (wouldn’t that be great!) but it was Christmas!  If you can’t eat pumpkin pie for dinner on Christmas then there is something wrong with this world!

Our Christmas started out strangely but ended up nicely.  We all had fun and I was able to watch all my grandsons and Mom open their presents from us.  That was my present and I loved it.

Gram had helpers!

Joseph's first Christmas.

I hope that everyone had a lovely holiday and that your numbers didn’t ruin the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly love to receive comments from readers, however, if your comment includes a link to a website about diabetes or information on how you "cured" your diabetes, it won't be published. If your profile name links to a website about diabetes, it won't be published. If you also write a blog and would like me to include it in my blog roll, please say so in a comment and I'll do that. Thanks.