Friday, December 30, 2011

Looking Forward

I have no desire to relive 2011.  It’s not that it was a bad year, on the contrary, it was quite lovely!  Two of my children were married (but not to each other) and my 4th grandson was born.  I even went to Costa Rica!  I have many, many great memories, but today I feel like looking forward.

I’m not sure why but I have a great feeling of contentment and optimism today.  I don’t think it has anything to do with a new year or resolutions or anything else.  I just feel hopeful today.  Today I feel as if this next year will be a good one for me, especially when dealing with my diabetes.

I’ve been doing well with my control and have managed to make exercise a regular thing in my life.  I’m feeling good about what I’ve done but I’m more excited about the future.  It feels as if I’m on the brink of something grand!  It feels like, just maybe, this will be a stellar year for me and my condition.

I don't think I’m being a cock-eyed optimist.  Instead, it seems more like I’ve come a long way and my hard work will pay off.  I’ve gotten myself into a good groove and it will take me to great places; higher highs, achievement wise, with lower numbers and better health to prove it.

Here’s to looking forward toward good things, for all of us!


ps: Happy 3rd Anniversary to my Sweet, Wonderful husband!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly love to receive comments from readers, however, if your comment includes a link to a website about diabetes or information on how you "cured" your diabetes, it won't be published. If your profile name links to a website about diabetes, it won't be published. If you also write a blog and would like me to include it in my blog roll, please say so in a comment and I'll do that. Thanks.