Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I Think I Can.....

 

Today’s prompt: When thinking about stigma, awareness, the healthcare system, and other big picture ideas – it’s easy to become overwhelmed. When we feel burned out, doubts creep in and we start thinking, “Maybe I can’t do this.” Today’s post is about turning our doubts around – turn our “I can’t” into “I can.”

My post touches not only on my life with diabetes, but my overall life.  Diabetes effects everything; health, emotions, stamina, hopes and dreams.  It’s important to stay positive and focused in all parts of our lives in order to deal with the elephant in the room.

 

 I think I can maintain this weight loss.

I think I can make it through the bleak winter months with a positive attitude.

I think I can begin working on my “novel” idea again, maybe even finish it!

I think I can improve my A1c.

I think I can handle it if I don’t.

I think I can continue to make small changes to improve our life here at home.

I think I can bake for the holidays without consuming too much myself.

I think I can be a better advocate for PWDs.

I think I can stick to my exercise plan.

I think I can start writing actual letters to the people I care about, but never see.

I think I can spend more quality time with my 93 year old mother.



I know I can lose more weight.

I know I can wake up every morning with a fresh, new start.

I know I can spend my life surrounded by people I love.

I know I can succeed if I want to and that success will be sweet.

I know I can control my diabetes without letting it control me.

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly love to receive comments from readers, however, if your comment includes a link to a website about diabetes or information on how you "cured" your diabetes, it won't be published. If your profile name links to a website about diabetes, it won't be published. If you also write a blog and would like me to include it in my blog roll, please say so in a comment and I'll do that. Thanks.