Monday, June 20, 2011

I Broke the Pound Barrier!!


Did you hear the sound?  No, it wasn’t a sonic boom but the sound of me squealing in delight as I looked at the scale on which I was standing.  Yes, it’s true; I’ve broken the Pound Barrier.

Anyone who has tried to lose a significant amount of weight knows what I’m talking about.  The Pound Barrier is that place on the scale that you just can’t get past.  For instance, let’s say you weigh 140 lbs and you’ve been there for a couple of weeks even though you’ve continued to eat well and exercise regularly.  All you want to do is get to 139 but it evades you.  (I need to interject here that if I weighed 140 lbs I would be beyond happy and not at all concerned about my weight.  I’m just using that as an example, and NO, I’m not about to publish my true weight on the Interweb. :P )  Try as you might that 140 just stares at you day after day, refusing to go away.  Sometimes it’s replaced by 141 or 142, but not the 139 you are dreaming of.  Not fair!

Well, I’m here to tell you that my particular Pound Barrier has been breached.  I am proud to say that I have now, officially, lost 16 lbs since January 2nd.  I’m pretty sure I haven’t been down to this weight in over 30 years. I couldn’t be happier if I were twins.  I stepped on the scale this morning and was greeted with a 1#9! (I told you I wasn’t going to publish that number!  I know that you were secretly hoping that I’d slip up.  HA!)

Here’s the interesting thing; I would like to lose another 20 lbs (wait, make that 19!), but it was beginning to feel like I would never be able to do that.  For some reason seeing the scale go down into the next 10 lb range makes my goal seem possible, even probable.  It’s amazing what a difference 1 lb can make.  I have renewed hope and, dammit, I can do this!  Losing even 16 lbs has made a big difference in how I feel.  My clothes are comfortable.  I have more energy.  I feel “skinny”! Ahhhhhh.  Just imagine what I’ll be feeling like after another 20 lbs!  Look out world, Kate is on a roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly love to receive comments from readers, however, if your comment includes a link to a website about diabetes or information on how you "cured" your diabetes, it won't be published. If your profile name links to a website about diabetes, it won't be published. If you also write a blog and would like me to include it in my blog roll, please say so in a comment and I'll do that. Thanks.