Friday, April 1, 2011

Celebrate Success


Awhile back I was in a bit of a slump.  I posted about it, in fact.  I still don’t know if it was due to a rut or cabin fever but I’m feeling so much better now!  Part of the reason I’m feeling better is because I actually did something about it (and the nice weather doesn't hurt).  I made a conscious effort to make some changes in what I’ve been doing and how I’ve been thinking and it’s working.

It’s way too easy to get caught up in negative feelings.  Why is it so satisfying to moan and complain?  Sometimes I wonder if we’re only happy when we have something to bitch about.  We like drama, don’t we?  Why else do people watch the evening news?  It certainly isn’t to feel uplifted or happy.  (Personally, I don’t watch the news. I have better things to do with my time.)

So, today let’s celebrate success! Success doesn’t have to mean that we’ve done something spectacular at work, gotten that raise or promotion, or bought a better car than the neighbor.  Success can, and should, be measured in the little things we do each day.  Sometimes it’s difficult to find something to celebrate but you should try. Maybe you've had a great glucose reading or resisted that second helping.  Did you park at the far end of the parking lot and walk a little farther to the grocery store? 

What have I done this week that’s noteworthy?  I dusted off my measuring cups and took a good look at how much I’ve been eating.  Wow!  No wonder I was having trouble dropping the pounds!  My eyeballs definitely needed re-calibrating.  Now I’m much more aware of how much I’m eating.  I’ve cut down a lot and feel better.  I also got outside and worked in the yard.  Two of my grandsons helped me transplant some plants.  (It took 3 times longer than it would have if I’d done it alone but that wouldn’t have been nearly as much fun!) I’m exercising every day.  Not bad huh?  I’m pretty pleased with myself.

How about you?  What success can you celebrate today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly love to receive comments from readers, however, if your comment includes a link to a website about diabetes or information on how you "cured" your diabetes, it won't be published. If your profile name links to a website about diabetes, it won't be published. If you also write a blog and would like me to include it in my blog roll, please say so in a comment and I'll do that. Thanks.