Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I Don’t Get It


Two weeks ago I had, for the first time, fasting numbers that were normal.  I actually saw 97 on my meter first thing in the morning!  Two days later I recorded a 94!!  I was giddy.  I rejoiced!  I posted it on Facebook and had some very nice comments and encouragement from other PWDs.  It finally felt like I could lick this.  My hard work was finally paying off.

Today is the sixth day in a row that I’ve had fasting readings above 130.  I even had a 147!  I don’t get it.  I haven’t done anything differently.  I haven’t splurged or “cheated”.  I’m exercising every day.  I was doing all that when I had the low readings as well.  It’s not fair!  I feel so helpless and out of control and I hate being out of control.  It’s not so much the higher morning numbers that is getting to me but the fact that I can’t figure out WHY.  If I could point my finger at a reason, then I could fix it.  I can’t fix an unknown.

Sorry, I just had to vent.  I see my new doctor on Thursday and will get the results from my latest A1c.  I’ll figure it out.  Let’s just hope the testing zealot doesn’t rear its ugly head again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly love to receive comments from readers, however, if your comment includes a link to a website about diabetes or information on how you "cured" your diabetes, it won't be published. If your profile name links to a website about diabetes, it won't be published. If you also write a blog and would like me to include it in my blog roll, please say so in a comment and I'll do that. Thanks.